All information shared in the context of services is private and confidential except in cases below.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- Disclosure of possession or use of child pornography, for which I am required by law to report to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Electronic and Telebehavioral Health Privacy
- Provider uses HIPPA compliant email encryption for client communication.
- Provider uses Doxy.me for telebehavioral health services, a HIPPA compliant platform with BAA on file.
- Electronic communication (email, texting, apps) are used for scheduling purposes only and do not serve as a means of providing services.
Client Information and Consultation Summary notes are stored electronically through TherapyNotes software.